Monday 21 May 2012

10 Things I Said I'd Never Do With My Kids

Quite a few of my friends are pregnant at the moment with their first children (spring is in the air) and I can't help but find the things they say amusing. 
They have it all worked out, they know how they are going to raise their children, how their child will behave and what they are definatley NOT going to do with them.
It makes me think back to when I was first pregnant and the things that I said I would NEVER do with my kids, so I've complied a list for you...

1) I will never let my children watch TV - My son now has his own armchair and his own tv, He's 3!

2) I will never let my children have sweets or chocolate - Sometimes bribery with sweet stuff is the only answer!

3) I will never let my children wear clothes with cartoon character logos on then - My son has two Fireman Sam tops and my daughter has a Peppa Pig one!

4) I will never let my children come into our bed in the morning - Every morning our bed is invaded by two little ones!

5) I will never let my children have a dummy - this one lasted all of 3 days!

6) I will never let my children have jarred food - we lived above a pub with no kitchen upstairs, chef's don't like mashing up two carrots!

7) I will never let my children have Mc Donalds - now at least once a month!

8) I will never bribe my children - see number 2!

9) I will never lose my temper - ha, how naive was I!

10)  I will never let my children have lots of plastic, noneducational toys - you try stopping doting Aunt's, Nannies, Grannies, Uncles and Grandads from buying them toys that you don't approve of.

So there you have it, my list of shame. Your turn now, what did you say that you'd never do that you have done?
 

5 comments:

  1. I said that I would not get the Calpol out at the first sign of trouble...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep that could be on my list as well x

      Delete
  2. i'd never shout, no tv, no sweeties...pretty much most of what you've said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol good to know I'm not the only one x

      Delete
  3. This seems a bit familiar. It made me laugh. Loved it. x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x