Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Gallery - Morning

This weeks theme for the Gallery is 'Morning'. As soon as I read that I knew which picture I would use, (yes another picture of one of my children, sorry about that).

I am not a morning person by any stretch, infact as far as I'm concerned mornings are the work of the Devil. However with having kids I have, inevitably, had to get use to them. 
The best thing for me in the mornings now is hearing Lj's little voice calling "Mummy, Mummy" from the confines of her cot. I then go into her room to find her standing upright with a big beaming smile because she is so happy to see you. With all her hair stuck to her face with snot and dribble from the night before. Lovely! She then puts her arms up for a cuddle and tucks herself in under my chin and won't let go, just so she can catch up on any cuddles she's missed during the 12 or so hours that she's been asleep.



It's moments like that, that remind you what being a Mummy is all about.

To check out other people's entries this week go to Tara's blog at Sticky Fingers, you could even join in yourself. 




28 comments:

  1. Soft cuddles in the morning rock!!! Nothing better

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, I always look forward to greeting my son in the morning. He's in a toddler bed now, so he comes into our room to say hello and ask for his boobie milk lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the days when my little one held his arms out for me in the morning. He's 16 now, so I have to grab him when he's passing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never apologise for showing pictures like this! Who wouldn't love to see a face like that in the morning?
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right. They are so cute in the morning. Keep her in her cot for as long as possible as it's not so cute when they can dictate what time your morning starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we've been quite lucky so far, she hasn't even attempted an escape yet. x

      Delete
  6. Oh yes the morning cuddles making the 6am wake up calls bearable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know what they're doing, 'If I look cute and give Mummy a lovely cuddle then she can't be mad". x

      Delete
  7. Aw she is so gorgeous! I love the early morning cuddles too they are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I think she's gorgeous too but I would lol x

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh - so precious! I can't wait until my little baby arrives so I can get morning smiles and cuddles ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rrr bless. It is the best thing in the world x

      Delete
  9. Bless her :) I am loving the monkey grip (arms and legs) cuddles I get from No2 at the moment when 'rescuing' her from her cot in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what Lj does, it's so sweet and she really means it x

      Delete
  10. She is gorgeous! Miss those early morning cuddles - I don't get them for free anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll enjoy them while they last. Loving your blog by the way. x

      Delete
  11. Hi Gina,
    Lovely take on the theme. My two little ones (12 and 9) still come for morning cuddles (when they find me still in bed!) and evening stories. It's a precious time and ends quickly. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definatley making the most of it while it lasts x

      Delete
  12. Bless! These photos are so cute...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x