Friday 8 June 2012

'Quote of the Week'

I love the written word. I love the way it can arouse a whole manner of different emotions. It can make you laugh or make you cry. Unlike the spoken word it is there forever, for you to re read whenever you feel like so you never forget what the original words were.

One of my favourite types of writing is quotes, they are short and to the point and can some up a situation perfectly in only a few words.
Because of my love for quotes and the written word I have decided to start 'Quote of the Week'.


This is how it works...

  • Every Friday I will give you a theme for the week
  • You go away and find a quote that relates to the theme
  • You then write a post about your choice
  • Finally come back here and join in with the linky

The rules...

  • You must include a link to the original source of the quote
  • You must state who the original author was
  • Try to visit as many other entries as you can and leave some blog love
  • Have fun x  
So the theme for this week (drum roll please) is... MOTHER

 'A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie'.  ~Tenneva Jordan

I love this quote because for me it just somes up what being a mother is all about. You have to become selfless and suddenly it's not all about you any more but it's not a problem because the satisfaction you get from making sure everyone else has got what they want far out ways you having a bit of that pie.

So now it's your turn to join in x

9 comments:

  1. This is the first time that I have done one of these so if there's any problems with it please let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true- since becoming a mum I've become so much more selfless- which, especially when there is food involved, is nothing short of a miracle ;) Great idea for a linky- I look forward to joining in each week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one. I try to remember it whenever I call myself "just a stay-at-home-Mum".

    To the world you might just be one person,
    but to one person you might just be the world.




    Author unknown
    Link is http://www.mothersdaycelebration.com/twenty-mothers-day-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that one, thank you for joining in x

      Delete
  4. Well done for being brave! I am going to have a look to see what I can find...nice idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I've wanted to do it for ages and now I have yey x

      Delete
  5. Hi from a new follower! I love this idea, I love quotes too. I'll definitely try to join in next week x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x