Friday 1 March 2013

The Joys Of Charity Shopping

I had a very weird day on Wednesday! It was my first morning all on my own in about 4 and a half years. My baby went to pre-school.

I didn't really know what to do with my self and I thought I'd just go home and catch up on 4 and a half years of housework, that just never gets done and then I thought I have devoted all that time to my children taking them to toddler groups, sign and rhyme classes or whatever the latest craze is at that time. So I'm going to spend the morning doing something that I want to do and something that I just can't do with two little ones in tow. Raid the charity shops!

I love charity shopping. I get a real buzz when I walk into a shop, not knowing what treasures you will find inside. I then I get an even bigger buzz when you find a real bargain. I hardly ever buy new anymore, I just find new products boring in comparison, they have no history and no story.

Sometimes you don't find anything in any of the shops and then you have days when every single shop you go into has something that you simple must have. This day was one of those days.

Here's a few bits I found that I was really pleased with...


 These two Moroccan lanterns were £3.99 for the pair!


 and these two, his and hers, crochet blankets were just £2 each.


The kids love them and it's really cute when they are all snuggled up on their chair together with their blankets.

So what about you are you a charity shopper or does the idea of buying second hand goods just not appeal to you?


Me and My Shadow






10 comments:

  1. i love charity shops and car boots! just not knowing what you'll find is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love charity shopping. It has become a bit of an obsession especially for fabric that I can then 'create" with tents for the kids, fancy dress costumes and lots of projects for those rainy cold days. I am always amazed at the stuff that people no longer want. I have made loads of felt items from old jumpers too - addictive!!! Felt slippers, felt bags, felt fingerless gloves and I have a huge box of felt at the ready just in case! Long live charity shopping I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here Here. I don't know what I do without them x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up, I love your blog.

    Glad you spent your first free day so productively!!! I hated the first day my little one went to nursery, it felt like I'd lost a limb. but boy, can't you zip about SO much faster without them?!

    Love the crochet blankets, I'm just learning so I can really appreciate the work that must have gone into them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, it's a great linky. Nice to hear you like my blog, yours is great. I want to start crochet, it's just finding the time. I seem to have so many different things going on, I should just concentrate on one thing! x

      Delete
  4. I'm a charity shop addict, I just love them - and also go to the dump rather more than is healthy to rummage through the area where they rescue things - most of my furniture has come from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've just noticed that section at the dump, looks like they have all sorts of treasures in there. Never get a chance to look though as I always have little ones with me x

      Delete
  5. I have more clothes in my wardrobe from charity shops than I've bought new! Love charity shop shopping. In fact, i think i am about due another raid . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, hardly ever buy anything new these days x

      Delete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x